Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research shortly called as ‘JIPMER’ is one of the most famous Medical institutions of India. Being an Apex center for Heath of Puduchery and Tamil Nadu, has it own style of recruitment of Staff Nurses. Generally JIPMER Nurses recruitment exam found to be the toughest one to compare with other recruitment exams of ‘All Indian Institute of Medical Institutions (AIIMS)’, ‘Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)’, ‘Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)’.
Here are some Nclex-RN style questions those were asked in recent ‘JIPMER’ Nursing Officer Recruitment Exams.
PART 6/10 (Questions 51 to 60 of 100)
51. When helping a stroke patient nurse should assist
a. on weak side
b. on strong side
c. from behind
d. from back
52. To avoid pulling the urinary catheter nurse should tape the catheter on patient’s
a. upper thigh
b. lower thigh
c. hind leg
53. sixteen year old primigravida admitted with severe pregnancy induced hypertension is given intravenous magnesium sulfate. The nurse should obtain which one of the following information?
a. urinary output every 8 hours
b. deep tendon reflexes every 4 hours
c. respiratory rate every hour
d. blood pressure every 6 hour
54. which one of the following nursing measures would be most appropriate in the care of patient who has acute epistaxis?
a. tilt the patient’s head back
b. place the patient’s head between his legs
c. pinch the nose and have the patient lean forward
d. place warm compresses on the patient’s nasal bridge
55. which of the following actions would a nurse take first when caring for a patients experiencing a cardiac arrest?
a. initiate cardiac monitoring
b. provide intravenous access
c. establish an open airway
d. obtain a pulse oximetry reading
56. When caring for a patient who has intermittent claudication, nurse advises the patient to
a. apply graduated compression
b. elevate the legs when sitting
c. refrain from vigorus exercise
d. walk as much as tolerated
57. A lethargic patient has fever vomiting, head ache and the nurse has to prepare him for which one of the following procedure?
a. blood culture
b. lumbar puncture
c. CAT scan
d. ultra sound exam
58. An active male patient who weighs 180 lb (81.65) has undergone dietary instruction. the patient reports that his current diet consists of 60 g of fat, 200mg of cholesterol and 5 gm of sodium per day. what a nurse advises the patient to do?
a. increase his cholesterol
b. increase his sodium
c. decrease his cholesterol
d. decrease his sodium
59. A fifty five year old male patient who is diagnosed with an evolving myocardial infarction insists on going home. The nurse encourages the patient to be admitted, because the greater risk within the first 24 hours of sustaining an MI is
a. heart failure
b. sudden death
c. pulmonary embolism
d. ventricular aneurysm
60. which nursing diagnosis is most appropriate for a patient with chronic venous insufficiency?
a. activity intolerance
b. body image, disturbed
c. fluid volume, deficient
d. skin integrity, impaired