Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research shortly called as ‘JIPMER’ is one of the most famous Medical institutions of India. Being an Apex center for Heath of Puduchery and Tamil Nadu, has it own style of recruitment of Staff Nurses. Generally JIPMER Nurses recruitment exam found to be the toughest one to compare with other recruitment exams of ‘All Indian Institute of Medical Institutions (AIIMS)’, ‘Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)’, ‘Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)’.
Here are some Nclex-RN style questions those were asked in recent ‘JIPMER’ Nursing Officer Recruitment Exams.
PART 3/10 (Questions 21 to 30 of 100)
21) Hyaline Membrane disease of an infant is due to deficiency of surfactant and the source of pulmonary surfactant is
a. Alveolar macrophages
b. Capillary Endothelium
c. Pneumonocytes type 1
d. Pneumonocytes type 2
22) Which one of the following is a DNA Virus?
a. Hepatitis A
b. Hepatitis B
c .Hepatitis C
d. Hepatitis D
23) To do percussion and postural drainage of lungs in bronchiectasis, what body position of the patient, a nurse should use?
a. Supine Position
b. Prone Position
c. Decubitus Position
d. Semi fowlers position
24) Patient on enalapril and diuretic therapy for heart failure. Nurse should notify the physician that the therapy is not effective when she finds
a. Dry cough
b. Skin rash
c. Edema Lungs
d. Postural fall in B.P
25) Thirty year old patient has an ulcer over lateral malleolus. Nurse caring for this patient understands, the pain of the patient is due to
26) Nurse caring for a retro positive patient with molluscum contagiosum. This secondary infection is caused by
a. Pox virus
b. Papilloma Virus
c. Epstein Barr Virus
d. Herpes Simplex Virus
27) Nurse is about to insert Ryle’s tube for a patient. Before this act she must be aware of the distance between the incisor teeth and gastro esophageal junction. Which of the following is correct distance?
a. 30 cm
b. 40 cm
c. 50 cm
d. 60 cm
28) A nurse can decontaminate the HIV contaminated waste products with all the following, EXCEPT
D. Sodium Hypochloride
29) Twenty five years old male patient had sweating, palpitations and found to have blood sugar of 45mg/dl. Multiple similar episodes had been recorded in the past, corrected with glucose. Nurse caring for this patient should consider which one of the following diagnosis?
a. VIP oma
30) Nurse is about to catheterize bladder of a pregnant lady. she should be aware that all the following facts about female urethra are true, except
a. It is about 1.5 inches in length
b. Its’ Posterior to vaginal orifice
c. It pierces through urogenital diaphragm
d. It is straight and offers minor resistance for catheterization