Here are some Nclex-RN style questions those were asked in recent ‘JIPMER’ Nursing Officer Recruitment Exams.
1) which of the following indices a nurse has to consider as an indicator of good nutrition.
a. Albumin level 2.5gms/dl
b. Pre-Albumin Level 18mg/dl
c. Transferrin Level 244mg/dl
d. Total Lymphocytes 1900/microlitre
2) Before endotracheal intubation some facts about trachea a nurse has to understand and all the following are true regarding trachea except.
a. Its about 13cm long
b. It Bifurcates into two major bronchi
c. It Starts at the level of 7th cervical vertebra
d. It ends at the level of sternal angle of louis
3) When assessing patients with appendicitis how a nurse must initiate get information?
a. Tell me how you are feeling
b. Tell me where is the pain
c. Tell me relief of pain with what
d. Tell me whether cough aggravates pain
4) Which guidelines a nurse has to follow when caring for pressure sore
a. Wound must remain moist
b. Tight packing of wound
c. Dressing to dry before removal
d. Plastic sheet type of dressing for cover
5) What should be the position of limb, a nurse should maintain for a patient who had undergone right hip prosthesis surgery?
6) When a post operative Patient develops evisceration what a nurse should do?
a. Provide moral support
b. Ask Patient to drink more water
c. Push the Protruding organs inside
d. Cover the protruding Organs
7) A nurse is caring for an old lady with osteoarthritis and all the fact are true regarding osteoarthritis Except
c. Subcutaneous nodules
d. Pain on moving the joint
8) How a nurse will teach breathing exercise for a patient with chronic bronchitis?
a. Use chest breathing
b. Use diaphragmatic breathing
c. Use open mouth breathing
d. Use deep inhalation breathing
9) A nurse caring for a head injury comatose patient. which intervention he/she should implement to prevent increased intracranial pressure?
a. Maintain well lit rooms
b. Maintain round the clock suctioning
c. change the position round the clock
d. Elevate the head end of the patient
10) What recommendation a nurse should give to 55 year old patient with blood pressure of 150/90 mmHg?
a. It is normal BP for your age
b. Recheck your BP 2 weeks later
c. Recheck your BP after 6 months
d. Recheck your BP after 1 year