CHO Full Form: Full Form of CHO in medical field is Community Health Officer. It is an important post under National Health Mission. CHO plays a vital role in rural health. Almost every state in India recruits CHO to strengthen Primary Health Care setup. CHO play a key role in treating in minor ailments and referring patient to higher centers for appropriate care. In this page, we are going to discuss about important information regarding CHO Eligibility, Salary, Exam Syllabus, Selection Process etc.
CHO Full Form- Get to know more
|CHO||Community Health Officer|
|Recruiting Authority||Mission Director, State Health Mission|
|Area of Posting||Sub Center, Primary Health Centers, Community Health Centers|
|Recruiting States||All States in India|
|Nature of Appointment||Tenure Basis|
As we all know, Full of Form of CHO in Medical field is Community Health Officer; the following information will add more details to your quires.
- Individuals should have obtained general nursing midwifery and B.Sc Nursing qualifications from a recognized institute.
- He/She must have registered in concerned state nursing councils and must possess valid registration certificate.
Salary of Community Health Officer is very attractive. Pay level is between Rs.20, 000 to Rs.30, 000 per month. Additional allowances are also applicable.
- Karnataka CHO Salary: Rs.32,500 per month
- Chhattisgarh CHO Salary: Rs.31,500 per month
- Uttar Pradesh CHO Salary: Rs.25000 per month
- Madhya Pradesh CHO Salary: Rs.40,000 per month
CHO Selection Process
Community Health Officer Selection is based on Competitive Written Examination/Interview/Skill Test.
CHO Exam Syllabus
CHO Recruitment Exam Questions will be very unique and test all of your ability. Questions will be from
- Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Basic Anatomy & Physiology, Nutrition, Bio-Chemistry,
- General Aptitude, General Studies etc.
Frequently Asked Questions about Community Health Officer (CHO) Post
1) What is CHO full form in Medical Field?
Community Health Officer is the full form of CHO in Medical Field
2) Whether a Community Health officer can give treatment without doctors’ order?
There are several standing orders defined for minor to moderate illness. Based on those orders, CHO will treat the patients. If needed, they will discuss with Doctors and refer the patients to higher centers for more care.
3) Abbreviations of CMHO, CMOH, and CCS etc related to CHO Posts?
CMHO- Chief Medical & Health Officer, CMOH- Chief Medical officer of Health, CCS- Chief Civil Surgeon, They are district officers under whom Community Health officers will function.
4) Community Health Officer and Mid-Level Service Provider are Same Post?
CHO and MLSP play a same role in rural setup. Designation will change according to state governments.
5) Whether CHO is a regular post?
No. CHO is a contractual or tenure based appointment for 1 year. Annually appointment order will be renewed.
6) Whether Special training is provided for CHO posts?
Yes. Many states provide Community Health Training which is usually for 06 months. During the training period, Nurses will be paid Stipend. Following successful training, Nurses will be appointed as CHO at various centers.